Nagu mitmed Vatikani-vaatlejad juba pikemat aega on ennustanud, nimetab paavst uued kardinalid 20. novembril toimuval konsistooriumil.
VATICAN CITY, 20 OCT 2010 (VIS) - Following today's general audience, the Holy Father announced the names of twenty-four prelates who will be created cardinals in a consistory due to be held on 20 November, eve of the Solemnity of Christ the King. The consistory will be the third of his pontificate.
"Cardinals", said the Pope, "have the task of helping Peter's Successor carry out his mission as permanent and visible source and foundation of the Church's unity of faith and communion".
Twenty of the new cardinals, being under the age of eighty, will be electors. Their names are:
- Archbishop Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
- His Beatitude Antonios Naguib, Patriarch of Alexandria of the Copts, Egypt.
- Archbishop Robert Sarah, president of the Pontifical Council "Cor Unum".
- Archbishop Francesco Monterisi, archpriest of the papal basilica of St. Paul's Outside-the-Walls.
- Archbishop Fortunato Baldelli, penitentiary major of the Apostolic Penitentiary.
- Archbishop Raymond Leo Burke, prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura.
- Archbishop Kurt Koch, president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
- Archbishop Paolo Sardi, vice chamberlain of Holy Roman Church.
- Archbishop Mauro Piacenza, prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy.
- Archbishop Velasio De Paolis C.S., president of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See.
- Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi, president of the Pontifical Council for Culture.
- Archbishop Medardo Joseph Mazombwe, emeritus of Lusaka, Zambia.
- Archbishop Raul Eduardo Vela Chiriboga, emeritus Quito, Ecuador.
- Archbishop Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Archbishop Paolo Romeo of Palermo, Italy.
- Archbishop Donald William Wuerl of Washington, U.S.A.
- Archbishop Raymundo Damasceno Assis of Aparecida, Brazil.
- Archbishop Kazimierz Nycz of Warsaw, Poland.
- Archbishop Albert Malcolm Ranjith Patabendige Don of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Archbishop Reinhard Marx of Munich and Freising, Germany.
Having pronounced the names of the new cardinal electors, the Pope then indicated that he had also decided to elevate to the dignity of cardinal "two prelates and two priests", all over the age of eighty and hence non-electors, for their "generosity and dedication in the service of the Church." Their names are:
- Archbishop Jose Manuel Estepa Llaurens, military ordinary emeritus of Spain.
- Bishop Elio Sgreccia, former president of the Pontifical Academy for Life.
- Msgr. Walter Brandmuller, former president of the Pontifical Committee for Historical Sciences.
- Msgr. Domenico Bartolucci, former director of the Pontifical Choir.
Working with Iraqi refugees stretches, strengthens priest’s faith
33 minutit tagasi